The C&DCL executive have some very encouraging, forward-thinking goals which would have a positive impact on the cricket community here in Calgary.
They are looking for people to help in a few areas so please take a look at the requests below and respond accordingly if you are willing and able to help in any way.
Information Technologies Professional required for C&DCL IT Infrastructure Evaluation Committee
C&DCL is looking to explore opportunities to upgrade its IT related infrastructure (i.e. website, emails, scoring apps, social media, etc.) to help our members to have a better experience. Currently we have a few proposals to consider. We are looking for 2-3 Information Technologies professionals to sit on a committee to evaluate a few IT related opportunities/proposals. We would only need a couple of hours of your time for a meeting to evaluate the options.
If you have a Club member of an IT professional background and willing to volunteer a couple of hours of their time to help improve the league, please let us know. ( firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
Job Posting: Opportunity to earn $3K to $6K by Coaching Cricket
Calgary & District Cricket League is looking to hire a pool of 4-5 coaches to work under the supervision of our head coach and junior & women’s coordinator to successfully deliver various schools, community, juniors & women’s cricket programs across the City of Calgary.
All coaching engagements funded by the City of Calgary would be paid at a rate of $28/hour and all programs funded by the C&DCL shall be paid at $15/hour. Total earnings would be based on availability of the coaches to attend to specific programs. Some programs shall be delivered on certain weekdays, whereas some shall be delivered on weekends during C&DCL’s regular season.
Following are some of the important dates of the coaching assignments:
- April (4th, 11th, 18th, 25th)
- May (2nd, 9th, 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 28th, 29th, 30th)
- June (4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th
Besides the dates noted above, C&DCL requires coaches during the weekends of the summer season to assist with the junior league as well as weekday evenings to train our Colts U-17, Stallions U-19 & Women’s team.
- A successful candidate must be energetic, creative, and patient.
- Must have good communication skills i.e. able to effectively deliver coaching programs in English
- Experience working with children is highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of Cricket required
- Individuals with experience of playing/or coaching Cricket at City, Provincial or National level will be preferred
- Must attend mandatory half a day training prior to assignment dates.
- Calgary Police Information Check is mandatory for all coaches. Must provide police clearance for vulnerable sector.
- CPR First Aid – Nice to have, but not mandatory
- High 5 Sport certification - Nice to have, but not mandatory
- Applicants who are members of Calgary & District Cricket League shall be given preference
If you are you energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual that loves working with young children and ready to be part of a team of coaches that are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young people, please send all inquiries including resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org